About: Our History
Roswell Arts Fund History and Key Accomplishments
Since 2014, Roswell Arts Fund has strived to make Roswell a Destination for the Arts. We have transformed the conversation on the arts in Roswell – igniting new ways of thinking about the arts, inspiring new ways of doing art, and impacting the city of Roswell economically and socially.
Here’s a brief history:
- Roswell Arts Fund incorporated
- “Imagine Roswell Arts & Culture 2030” study completed, creating a roadmap for the arts in Roswell and calling for a new independent non-profit arts organization to lead the implementation
- Roswell Arts Fund designated as the City of Roswell’s arts agency – to strengthen the scope, quality, and diversity of the arts and striving to fully integrate the arts into the social and economic fabric that is uniquely Roswell
- Managed the first commissioned work of art for Fire Station #4, The Bucket Brigade
- Inaugural ArtAround Roswell Sculpture tour
- Creation of All Arts Calendar and Directory of Roswell Artists
- Facilitated the purchase of Two ArtAround Sculptures (asset value to City of Roswell $30,000)
- Facilitated the purchase of Four ArtAround 2017 Sculptures (asset value to City of Roswell $57,000)
- Managed and Completed the Public Art Master Plan on behalf of the City of Roswell
- Worked with GOT and RDOT installed a unique gift of temporary public art ,Sky Maintenance, from Moscow artist, Dima Alekseev
- Conducted inaugural Artist Around the Table Work Session to bring together local artists and city department leaders to explore how art can be integrated into capital projects
- Managed and completed the third phase of the City’s Performance Space Feasibility Study (first and second phase in 2016 & 2017)
- Brought the first Artist Design Street Piano, Zoey, installed at East Roswell Park
- Commissioned first Artist Designed Bicycle Racks, installed late 2019
- Facilitated the purchase of Four ArtAround 2018 Sculptures (asset value to City of Roswell $72,000) bringing the total of transferred assets (sculptures) to the city valued at $139,000 as permanent gifts
- To date raised over $275,000 from individual donors, corporate sponsors and in-kind services
- Launched Pop-Up Performance Series, bringing world-class concerts to Roswell, engaging audiences and strengthening community support for the development of a new state of the art performing arts center to serve the greater north metropolitan Atlanta.
- Responding to the times, launched Pop-In Performance Series delivering mobile concerts to senior living facilities around Roswell, and those in the community most affected by the pandemic and with a greater need to stay indoors.
- Created Roswell In Print, the first outdoor photography exhibition in the city designed to highlight the diverse characteristics of Roswell through visual storytelling displayed in a non-traditional spaces.
- RAF held the first Beaucoup Jazz and Blues Festival and Pop Up Marketplace in East Roswell which showcased 8 bands, featured 35 local artisans and welcomed over 700 visitors.
- In collaboration with Ryan Pernice, owner of Table and Main, the Painted Utility Box program was launched with a mural by Christina Kwan.
- In anticipation of the 2021 elections, RAF conducted it’s first Arts and Culture Candidate Survey of all candidates regarding their stance on advancing the arts in Roswell.
The city of Roswell, Georgia is proud of its rich history, small-town character, and promising future. Our focus is on making the city of Roswell a destination for the arts and to make the arts a part of the city’s brand.
Nestled along the Chattahoochee River just north of Atlanta, Roswell is home to a vibrant restaurant scene and an extensive art community, including exciting galleries, inspiring performing arts, and talented working artists.
Roswell Arts Fund was founded to strengthen the scope of arts in the city and to champion the ability of the arts to excite the imagination, strengthen public places, and encourage conversation.